Location: London, UK
Can't believe we've only got two and a half more weeks to go and then it's home. Has absolutely flown by. Probably our last entry and set of photos before we're back.
Spent the last week in London with Miche and Nic. Living the life of a sydneysider working in London, just without the work. We shopped everyday instead, cooked dinner for our working girls, drank wine, and got kicked out of London Clubs. Apparently you're not allowed to go to the toilet in groups of three in London. No one told us this rule! Had an awesome time though. Thanks Nic and Miche!! It's inspired us to come home and work hard so when we come back we don't have to live like them! ie. no bed bugs and fleas....
And to all those people who didn't think we could take it and would be back in 2 months...we just had our 4 month travelling anniversary! And if anyone wants to give us some more money we'd stay over here for longer.
And on another note...what's this myspace business???? Has everyone gone crazy?! You know none of you have anything on us, and our website - there's no camels, indoor skiing, sailing boats, shishas or anything really! Except yourselves? WHat's the deal? Even you mum (sue)!
Ok, well, we're home soon. Hoping Holly and Fran have organised us a dinner club for the following thrusday already. Looking forward to seeing everyone...kind of.
Also, Happy 21st Birthdays to Miss Heidi Mortlock for the 30th, and to Kat Weihen for the 12th October. We're sorry we're just missing them but we're sure you'll both have very special days!!
God save the Queen,
N & P x
Location: Bibury, England
Can't believe we're back where we started in Bibury. Have had the extremes over the past 2 weeks, arriving in the English countryside from the Arabian desert.
Abu Dhabi was out of this world. Packed so much into the 10 days we were there, and it just flew. Big thanks to Gen and Ben for having us in your home. We loved being there with you and your TV and your fridge and your washing machine!! We will miss you both.
Also great to see Harry in Dubai, keeping the friendship alive. Hi Harry!
Have just uploaded photos from our time there...they tell the story, but basically it was hot, sandy, and lots of fun. Highlights were the desert safari, ski dubai, drinks with Gen at the Champagne Bar, and being in a home!!
Off to meet Nic in London tomorrow, and we're there till Oct 1. Then it's off to the US for some family fun with the Zems.
Miss you all, but are you missing us?!?! We haven't had messages for ages!
Ness and Pop
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Arrived in Barcelona yesterday to yet another scabby hostel and more smelly germans! We left the hostel this morning and round the corner, sitting on the ground, was a man with no pants on. Absolutely starkas nothing impressive though. Not worthy of the webpage! Not the kind of thing you want to see first thing in the morning! Actually, it was so bad, and we're over germans so much, and the naked hobo's that we've just checked out to go to another hostel where we can have a private room...just the way we like it...ness and pop...alone.
Excited though, cause tonight we're going to a live jazz show in a cool underground club. Ness is going to wear her hat.
Well...to update you -
San Sebastian was spantastic! Wish we had extended our stay. Hostel was really cool. Felt like being in a home (not a special home but a homey home). Meet some really cool people that we drank sangria with...a whole 2 litres for 2 euro! Bargain!
We tried to do the tapas thing but everything was served on bread..not very glutey free friendly, but still, good to look at! Had an entire day on their main beach, 'La Concha'. Actually lay on real sand and swam in water with real waves...something we haven't seen since home. It was very exciting. We're easily thrilled these days!
Shopping in San Sebastian was really great, but only window shopping for us because of our budgets...tough times. You know this when your stealing cutlery and plates from Starbucks to use for your supermarket meals. This is not a joke. This is really what we have to do to survive. But who would suspect us of stealing...
Anyway, holding our bags tight, and watching out for each other.
Send us money, clothes and food....and messages!
Love N & P
Location: Bordeaux, France
Writing from Bordeaux; A very beautiful city in France's South. Lots of wine.
Just done a massive upload of photos AND some short movies for you too.
Heading to Spain tomorrow so Au Revoir France.
Thanks for the memories!
See you Rater,
N & P
Location: Nice, France
Wanted to update you on the past few weeks of the trip, but firstly, and most importantly, we've made the top 5 most visited sites for this months thanks to all of you!!! And we have the feature photo on the planetranger site, thanks to us! Woohoo!
So...Paris - Such a beautiful City, especially at night. Cause it was both of our second times in Paris, we didn't do the usual sites and museums. Just visited our favourites, like the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower, but only from the outside! Instead, we took a night bike tour (unbelievably adventurous for Pop if you know her history with bikes) and also took a day to go out to Eurodisney and Walt Disney Studios (The highlight of the trip so far)!
The bike tour - well, it wasn't very informative, but it was fun. It included a night cruise down the Seine with free red wine - which was successfully spilt all over Pop and my new top! Can you believe that they trusted us to get back on our bikes after the cruise after we had drunk at least a bottle of red each?!?! Ness was alsmost killed...twice, and Pop struggles with bikes at the best of times. We understand now why its illegal to drink and drive...Thank god for those reflector vests! (Photos to come).
EuroDisney - Don't even know where to start. Was just the best day ever. Arrived for the opening of the gates at 9:00am, along with all the other 7 yr olds and their parents. We wont go into to much detail but there was definately running...and a little bit of skipping...not from the toddlers....and even some shoving....bloddy children. They should respect their elders!
Highlight 1 - The Stunt show. Picture this. Around 1000 people in the crowd and way up the back two little girls, dressed in pink and yellow, are watching, just like everyone else. The presenter asked who would like to be part of the stunt show, ness says to Poppet, 'I've seen something like this at Movie World. it's someone planted in the audience.' Seconds later 'Yes you in the Pink top, come on down!' Clearly, we were both shocked. Poppet was chosen to be in the show...SHe even had to get up in front of everyone and make car noises AND actions. Very funny, photos also to come!
The rest of the day was just as good. Spent hours playing in Fantasyland on the Teacups. Got to go on rolercoasters - definatley were the ones making the most noise. Finished the day with the Princess Parade down Main Street USA. Oh, it was just so great! We were the two biggest kids sitting in the front row. Ness made sure we had the best view of all the Princesses. She made us get there an hour early,...just to be sure!
In Nice at the moment. Still yet to make up our mind as to how good it is, but nice to be back to sun and beaches.
Keep checking the site, and tell your friends.
Write us messages!!
N & P
Location: Berlin, Germany
We´re in Berlin! The most amazing city. So so cool. A big detour in the itinery but a great one! Had to fly here from Paris via London which was absolutely crazy with all the hightened security measures in place. No one had any idea what was going on. But thanks to Ness and her endless supply of snap lock bags, we were fine!
So much to see here - will post photos ASAP. Some pretty funny ones on there way!
So...what have we been up to since our last entry...SO MUCH!
First stop - Florence: Pretty cool little city. Lots of pigeons and jewellery. Had a great time.
Next - San Gimingano: So beautiful. As we said on the photo page, we ate, drank and washed our undies! Stayed at a camp site in a bungalow thing. It was ok. Not to shabby. Had the best gelato of the trip and we both have put it out there as the best gelato IN THE WORLD! (Thanks Nicka for the tip!)
After San G - Como: Here we rubbed shoulders with celebrities! Well not exactly, but close enough. We spent a day in an awesome wine bar that George Clooney frequents. We didn´t see him but the owner told us he was there only four days earlier! Pretty cool. This wine bar also hosted a private Oceans 12 party where Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Denyel Washington, George Clooney and Michael Douglas all attended. That´s our claim to fame so far. Wine was awesome and they fed you for free!! No wonder we stayed there all day!!
From Como to Chamonix, Mt Blanc: Another awesome stop that wasn´t on the orriginal plan. Had the funniest time. Thought that it would be appropriate for us to climb the Aguille de Midi in thongs - it´s 3000meters above sea level. It was snowing on top and there were people ice hiking up the mountain. It was pretty cold. But...as per usual, received the special treatment we´ve become accustomed too. The lifties let us sit in the control room until we thawed out, bringing us tea, chocolate and even offered us a doobey (don´t worry mum´s and dad´s - of course we refused!). The village was so beautiful and we stayed at a lodge run by an Aussie - Glenn. Pop kept on calling him Greg - Oh well, close enough. He was the one who said we´d be fine on top of the mountain in jeans, a jumper and thongs...
The next day we went inside a Glacier. Also very cold - but today we were clever chickens and wore shoes!! And bought extra jumpers!
Sadly left Chamonix, arriving in Lyon: Completely overrated! Hostel was disgusting, the only good thing about it was the shopping...and we hit it pretty hard! Thank god for the credit card!
And that brings us to now! More photo´s on there way. Keep the messages coming...It´s nice hearing from home!
Ooohhhh....we´re going to a swing bar tonight!! Photo´s should be funny!
Bye bye... N & P
Location: Rome, Italy
We arrived in Florence today, to temperatures that we did not think could get any hotter than Rome, but apparantly they do.
so to our time in Rome:
-The Pantheon. Wow!!!
-The free water bottle refills from the public fountains. we are finding any way to save money these days.
-Got into the Vatican for free, becasue it was the last Sunday of the month. We did not even know it was free untill we were inside at the paying stations. so excited!!!!
-Piazza Navona. Our favourite square, had a wonderful dinner here and some great busker watching.
-The best cappucinos we have had so far
-some great sushi. we know this is not very Italian but it was living the life of a local, the place was the local hot spot.
-We managed to avoid those dam gypsys, and left Rome with nothing being stolen.
-Rome was hot, but we still managed to walk arond the whole city
-Waiting in Ques. Our longest waite was 1 1/2 hours in the Vatican line.
Location: Roma, Italy
Arrived in Roma yesterday...luckily. We were very very close to missing the train so not the best start to our time in Rome, as the station master had to stop the train from leaving to help us on, and he wasn't impressed, then we were two hours late for checking in at our accommodation place so we got in trouble there as well. All this prepared us for yet another barraging when we had to wake up the owner of the apartment we're staying in to buzz us through the security gates cause we couldn't work out how to use the key!!
So very sad to leave beautiful Venice!
- The Doges Palce. Wandered around for hours with our audio guides (the first of the trip).
- Getting lost in all the little streets and window shopping.
- Our beautiful hotel room and bubble spa baths
Location: Venice, Italy
Finally arrived in Venice this morning after a long 33 hour ferry ride from Greece. It went suprisingly fast.
Things that helped:
- Lilos to sleep on for beds
- The Pod
- SLEEPING TABLETS - we ate them like lollies
- An hour of english TV
- Eating and drinking, and gambelling.
We had a great night in Athens with Brendon Bulos, James Metcalfe, Ed Cregan, Jake, and Julia. Thanks Brendon!! Lived the life of a local for a night, staying with Brendon in his family's apartment. He took us to Galea - A club on the beach just out of the city. We were the only english speaking people there. Was so great. More dancing on podiums and a couple of bottles of Grey Goose Vodka. We were looked after very well....so maybe not living the life of a local but close enough. Thoroughly entertained by European men and their great pride in their clothes. Photo's to come.
Venice is beautiful. So far have just got lost in all the streets and bridges, and visited St Marcs Square. We're staying on a canal with water views. Did we mention we got upgraded to a suite?!?! Living it up,
Thanks again Kerrie and Raybo,
Ness & Pop
In our very last days of a very fun time in sunny (but windy) Greece. Visited Athens, Mykonos, Paros, Ios and Santorini.
- Started with a big bang scoring a nights accommodation in Vienna ina four star hotel, fully paid for including dinner and breakfast PLUS 150 Euros each! We both bought new sunglasses.
- Holly at the airport in Athens, and her new brown hair.
- Mykonos: Mel and Bridge, our new GC (Gold Coast) friends.
- Paradise Beach: Pools in bars are the best inventions ever, as is dancing elevated!
- Elephant man in G-String (See pictures)
- Ios: Ness's 22nd Birthday. Sparky Marc surprised us at Far Out Beach Club. We had a big birthday party that night.
- All our friends together. 7 girls - Ness and Pop, Hol, Marns, Alex and Heidz and Nic, and One boy - Tom.
- Red Bull Bar - THE Red Bull Bar. More dancing on barrels/tables/stools/bars - pretty much anything above the ground.
- Harmony. A really layed back restaurant with a great view and great Nachos.
- The tube rides on our last day. Poor Nic. She got a fat head to the chest (Heidi).
- Santorini: Very romantic, lots of picnics and sunsets.
- Volcano walk and Hot Springs.
- Far Out and the Bungy. We had to share toilets with feral people that were like 1km away from our room. Difficult when you're bustin in the middle of the night.
- Not being able to flush your toilet paper...Yes that's right. It has to go in the bin. Trust us we tried! It comes back up.
- The wind!
- Santorinis so called 'Red, Black and White Beaches'. They aren't beautiful. It's more like red, black and white dirt/dust/mud/rock.
- The ferry back to Athens. Got up at 2.00 for a 3.00 bus to take us to our 4.00 ferry. Ferry didn't show till 7.00. NOT HAPPY.
Heading to Venice tomorrow where Ness's lovely parent have put us up in a beautiful hotel for two nights. THANKYOU KERRIE AND RAY!
Pictures will follow shortly.
Leave us messages goddamnit!
This has taken FOREVER - and has cost a lot of internet time and money!
N & P
Finally we've found a way to keep everyone updated on our trip without writting billions of emails and spending hours in internet cafes!
Croatia was so great! Would recommend it to everyone, but you should get there quick before the Euro comes in, because the Euro is already killing us and we're only 2 weeks in!
- Sailing around for 10 days. The only way to really see Croatia.
- Hvar. An island 1 hour south of Split. We booked 6 nights there but ended up staying 2 weeks. Met some Melbourne boys, James and Harry. Our new friends for life! Hired boats, sailed around, drank cocktails and had two pretend birthdays for Vanessa, which turned out to be two very cheap nights as everyone bought us rounds of cocktails and other drinks.
- BenQuick. Tastes like nesQuick but has the texture of Milo.
- The Blue Caves. These cave that rest on the water and let the sun shine underneath them so when you row into them the water glows this amazing blue/turquoise colour. Like nothing either of us have seen before.
- The Croatia vs Australia game. So lucky to be in Europe for the World Cup and even luckier to be in Croatia for this game. The whole town we were in went nuts. There was a huge Australian contingent there that went crazy. Whenever the Croatians scored red flares went off all over the town square. Aussies were typical Aussies - loud, drunk and disorderly. Our warcry was 'We've got sand on our beaches', sung to the tune of that one tonne rodeo car ad.
- Gen coming to visit us for 2 weeks. Stayed with us in dubrovnik and Hvar and a few days on the boat.
- the weather for the first 5 days. Was like Sydney when we left. We were wearing 2 jumpers every night. Croatia claims that it only has 10 bad days a year, and we think we got nearly all of them!
- had some freaks on our boat. eg. Dolphin lady - thought she could talk to them. Seriously. Psycopathic Kiwi, Paul. Crazy Orst. Pretty-girl hater Marnie - she threw a coke all over Ness.
And that's Croatia! Or what we can remember right now!!
Greece will come soon. We entered Heidi in a wet tshirt competition so stay tuned for photos!
Write us messages!
Love N & P