Menu

Previous entry Next entry

Tamarra’s Travel Diary

Thursday, 31 Jul 2008

Location: Travelling to Doolin, Ireland

MapHello All! After a long miserable rainy indoor day the next day was sunshine and happiness. So instead of the 10 hour bus trip that I am doing today, I decided to stay put and go on a hike. I met this wonderful English family (4 kids) and we all went to Brendon Mountain and hiked up 950m. It took 2 hours up and 1 1/2 down. The kids were amazing. The youngest being 4 years old. He walked 80% and got a lift on his dads shoulders the other 20%. Pretty amazing. The views were spectacular! You could see the cliffs and the ocean. Awesome! In the late afternoon we went to see the friendly neighbourhood Dolphin Fungey. He has played in the harbour for more than 20years. He put on a fantastic show leaping out of the water many times. In the evening I gave the parents a break and babysat their kids so they could go out for dinner! The kids are adorable and really well behaved. It was a great day! Today I am half way through a long 3 bus journey to a town called Doolin. There is sooooo much to see here in Ireland I am not even sure I will have time for Scotland! Hope all is well. Hugs, T