Previous entry Next entry

Nathalie’s Travel Diary

Tuesday, 29 Nov 2005

Location: PE - Cape Town, South Africa

MapToday was a very exiting day as we were going to Cape Town…! At 7 o’clock we were picked up at the house by the taxi & off we went to the airport in PE. When we arrived & had checked in we went for some breakfast – my parents paid & it was very much appreciated by everyone!
After breakfast we walked around for a bit looking at the shops before we took off at 11.15. The flight was about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
When we landed in Cape Town we couldn’t find the guy that was to pick us up & take us to Aardvark backpackers, where we had rented a flat. However, after maybe 20 minutes or so, Emily found the guy, who had been looking for us.
When we arrived to the “hotel” a lady greeted us & took us around to show us where the bar, restaurant etc. was. Afterwards, we were given the key to our flat. When we opened the door we were all surprised of how nice it was! Rachael & myself shared a room, Rosie & Georgina shared and Ross & Emily slept in the common room. We had two bathrooms, a big kitchen & two terraces (I’ll put on some pics!).
The first thing we did was to get some brochures & read about the various trips & places to go. We sat down & tried to decide what to do & after some time we had a plan for the next days:
Wednesday: (everyone) Peninsula Tour
Thursday: Rachael, Ross & myself; shark cage diving
Rosie, Emily & Georgina; visit to the local township & Robben Island
Friday: (everyone) shopping, Table Mountain & the cinema
Saturday: going back to Alicedale
When we had booked the trips we went to a hair salon called Africare. During the day Rachael & myself had talked about getting our hair braided and so we did – as did Georgina. Poor Ross sat there waiting for 3 hours until my hair was finished. He’s a true champ! (“,) Rachael & Georgina still weren’t finished, so, me & Ross went back to the hotel where Rosie & Em were waiting and then the four of us went downstairs to the restaurant & had dinner.
It had been a long day – especially for Ross – so we all went to bed early looking very much forward to the next day!