our favourite places
Location: various, New Zealand1.San Francisco-view of the city from 'the Painted Ladies'
2. Three Sisters Beach, north west coast of North Island, New Zealand
3. The landing on Franz Josef Glacier
4. Skippers Canyon, Queenstown, South Island
6. Milford Sound
7. View of the ridge showing Mount Cook taken from a scenic flight over the mountains.
8. Christchurch, Metal Chalice sculpture, Cathedral Square
9. Abel Tasman Coastline, view from the cruise ship
10. Mount Ngouryhoe, in Tongariro National Park, location for Mount Doom in the Lord of the Rings.
11. Sydney viewed at dusk from the Opera house on Circular Quay.
12. The bridge we walked, viewed from Circular Quay
25.01.2011 panorama of San Francisco from the 'Painted ladies'- a row of historic victorian houses
27.01.2011 From a tour of the Waitakere Ranges, a visit to the volcanic black sands at the Three Sisters Beach
05.02.2011 South Island, west coast, a helicopter ride to land on the Fox and Franz Jozef glaciers, brilliant
07.02.2011 Historic Skippers Canyon, Queenstown, view from a 4 x 4 tour
09.02.2011 Mirror lakes on the way to Fiordland National Park
09.02.2011 Milford Sound from the jetty
11.02.2011 Pete's birthday treat, a scenic flight over Mount Cook and the glaciers during our stay at Lake Tepako
12.02.2011 The Metal Chalice, Cathedral Square Christchurch, lunchtime, a few days before the earthquake, our hotel, the Mllenium is directly behind the sculpture and the Cathedral is 20 metres to the left
14.02.2011 View of the Abel Tasman National Park, just after boarding the scenic cruise at Kaiteriteri
17.02.2011 Mount Tongariro National Park, early morning view taken from the Chateau hotel balcony -- Mount Ngouryhoe, used as Mount Doom in the film the Lord of the Rings
23.02.2011 Sydney, view of the city at dusk from the opera house on Circular Quay looking towards our hotel
24.02.2011 view of the bridge from Circular Quay, taken just before the exhilarating bridge climb